Pages

Friday 9 December 2011

Cats

In the summer of 2010 I got two little kitties (they're from the same litter so they're sisters). I lived happily with them for a year, until I got the info that I would be moving to Ireland. Since moving with animals is complicated enough within a small city like Joensuu, I don't want to know what it would be like to move them to another country... And besides, getting an apartment was a task in itself, getting an apartment where pets would be allowed would have been... you know, impossible with that schedule (I accepted my spot at the university on August 26th and flew to Ireland on September 6th).

So needless to say I had to leave them back home and they've been living with my mom. Here are a few photos!

This is Amala


Rilla and Amala on the bed

Rilla getting used to being outside without a harness...

Amala exploring

I miss them! I've seen them via Google Hangout video calls a couple of times, and they seem to get a bit confused when they hear my voice. But we'll see how they react in about a week when I go back home for Christmas!

There are a few cats running around where I live now though... Most of them are really shy and they run away when they see a human walking. But there is this one cat that likes to run towards me and likes being stroked. And would you imagine, it looks like this:

Personally I think the colouring looks very familiar!

Is she perhaps related to my cats back home?

Purr!


This was one of the occasions I ran into this cat in the yard and I took some pictures. Today I was walking home from an exam, and it was a really nice sunny day, and I was wondering to myself if that cat was around today. And as it happened, at that second I saw it sitting under a tree in the yard! I looked at it and it started running towards me, and I stroked it for a while.

Then as I made my way towards my door, it followed me, and when I opened the door it ran in! Then it followed me into the apartment! I thought the best way to get it back out is to lure it with food, so I cut her some fish and poured some milk and took it outside.




The fish and milk seemed to taste good enough since it was almost gone when I went back to get the plates! I hope the kitty's tummy is full now for a while...

Here's a video of Rilla and Amala.



For more videos and a lot of photos of my cats go to Sonja's Kitties. Although the name is in English, the text in that blog is Finnish, but a lot of it is photos anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment