Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Weather

I thought I'd write another post about weather (I believe I've talked about weather on here before, if you want you can look that one (or any of my older blog posts) up on the Blog Archive thingy on the right column there --->). Who says weather is boring? I love talking about weather. I even considered (not very seriously though) studying meteorology at some point! :D

It seems like anyone who hasn't been to Finland (in the summer) thinks it's under permafrost and people live in igloos and have polar bears as pets. Well, not quite... but people think it's a cold country. In the summer Finland is actually a lot warmer than Ireland!

So far the summer weather has been varied. We've had "Irish" days - meaning 13 degrees and intermittent rain. But mostly we've had nice sunny days with temperatures from 18 to about 24 degrees!  There was thunder not long ago, but I didn't manage to hear it. We lost electricity for about 10 seconds though. :D

I'm still waiting for the really hot days... The past few summers we've had a long heat wave in July-August. It's not really nice if you have to do something, like work, because +32°C weather tends to make you pretty tired. But why not if you have time to lie on the beach :)

Here are some photos to prove that it actually is summer and I'm not just making it up.

Amala surrounded by some foliage.. (Weird ear)

Rilla and Amala helping at the potato field.

Joensuu Art Museum on a sunny day

I tried to make a dandelion wreath...

Floweries!

Lake! We went fishing one day. Got a few perches and roaches.

Double rainbow oh my god!


Taken at 10.38 PM - the sun is setting.

Yep, it doesn't really get very dark anymore. Well, today is actually the longest day of the year! Summer solstice. Where I live this means that the sun rose at 3:06 this morning and will set at 23:01. The meantime isn't dark either, it sort of feels like a cloudy day when you walk outside after sunset. Above the arctic circle (depends how far north) the sun has been up since mid-May and won't go down until July. :D (That'd be interesting. I've never been to Lapland.) After today the night will start getting longer until around Christmas time when the day is the shortest!

But for now that is all... Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment