Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Djouce

I went back to the east coast last weekend in order to vote. The Finnish presidential election is going on, and I could vote in Dublin at the Finnish embassy. I did that immediately after getting off the bus, and after a while of walking around St. Stephen's Green trying to find the place... So after that I made my way to Bray to my aunt's house. I showed her how to make buns / cinnamon rolls!

The dough is rising...

Rollin rollin rollin...




And I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of the end result! I was so sure we took photos, but those pictures do not exist. Anyway, the buns turned out fine and people seemed to enjoy them.

The next morning (Saturday) we headed down to... I don't know exactly where, but it wasn't far from Bray. We had the dog with us and she was extremely excited! We started our "hike" at around 11.20 and were back at the car at 15.50. Here are some photos!






One excited doggy with the Sugarloaf mountain in the background.

That white line in the background is the Powerscourt waterfall.

I had some sort of a thorn in my sock tickling my foot, so I had to stop and dig it out.


Santa socks!





We even saw the sun a couple of times! And it didn't rain at all :O

Quite a nice view.

It was unbelievably windy on the top of the "mountain". We didn't stay there long!

We had to hide behind a big rock from the strong freezing wind.

At this point we were (or at least I was) getting quite tired, so we just wanted to head down quickly, which is why we didn't really take any more pictures. Four and a half hours of hill walking had its effects... We compared the soreness of our muscles the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment